Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I Can't Sleep...

I started back to seminary yesterday. It was great to see my friends and professors. However, I was reminded that when I am in seminary, I have homework to do. Seems pretty obvious, but I always seem to forget that until I get back into 'seminary mode.' Then WHAM!

I don't really have a good reason as to why I can't sleep tonight. I'm not upset about anything, but perhaps it was the coffee I drank today, and then the Diet Dr. Pepper I had with our late dinner. Steph made chili tonight, which was WAY better than the chili she made last night. I don't think it was all the beans, but I guess we'll see in the next few hours...

I wish I could sleep. Our church has a men's prayer meeting on Wednesday's (tomorrow!) at 6:30 am, so of all nights to be sleepless, this is not one of them. There are a lot of exciting things going on right now: new Transform Ministries site (COMING SOON!), lots of speaking opportunities, writing D-NOW curriculum, seminary, meeting new folks in Brenham, etc. One time I had a friend, who happens to be a shrink, tell me that "There is a fine line between excitement and anxiety..." Hrmph... So, for now I choose to be excited. : : smiles : :

Several people have gotten on to me the last few days about me not blogging more, so this is one attempt to provide some late night reading fodder for those friends (3 or 4) who actually read my blog. I go in blogging spurts. Steph, my dear wife, is a blogging champion. I'm not... Oh well.

So, I'm going to go waste a few more moments of my life before I try to sleep again... Talk with you soon... OR ... in a few weeks... I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

1 comment:

Chris said...

If you didn't stay up late who whould I chat with at 2:00 am???