Being camp season I meet a lot of great students and they become 'friends' on Myspace. As many of you know, I turned 30 on Friday, which I wanted to thank you all for your birthday wishes. Well, I logged into Myspace yesterday to accept 'Friend Requests' and this is the new target marketing that I am now receiving...
Thursday, June 26, 2008
Today (June 27th) is my birthday. I am 30. Praise God! I'd like to share my past decade with you.
- 20 - Proposed and became engaged to my high school sweetheart, Ms. Steph Jett.
- 21 - Surrendered to the call to ministry and then became the Director of Student Ministries at Sugar Land FUMC.
- 22 - Married Mrs. Stephanie Cease
- 23 - Started my non-profit ministry: Casey Cease Outreach, Inc.
- 24 - Graduated with my undergrad degree from U of H. Became the Student Ministries Pastor at Crossbridge Church. Licensed as a Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ
- 25 - Paid lower insurance premiums, rented vehicles, and started traveling and speaking Full-Time.
- 26 - Bought our first house in Richmond, TX; Casey Cease Outreach became Transform Ministries
- 27 - Became a father to Braelyn Nicole Cease (June 21, 2006)
- 28 - God moved us to Brenham, TX to help start Christ Church. Ordained as a Minister of the Gospel of Jesus Christ by Crossbridge.
- 29 - Christ Church started public services, started Brenham Pressure Washing
Well, I know there are a lot of things that I am leaving out, but I think I mentioned most of 'em. Thank you all for your love, friendship, and support. You are a blessing.
Casey the Grown-Up
Sunday, June 15, 2008
I'm admittedly selectively OCD. If any of you have been in my home office the past month or so, you will know that I can let a lot of things be chaotic around me, but still get stuff done. However, there are a few things that I CANNOT let slide. One of them is that the final price on the gas pump must end in a 0 or a 5. Today we were driving up to Wichita Falls, TX to week 3 of youth camps and we had to stop and get gas. Rarely does the amount end on a 0 or 5, so I usually do the no-no of topping off just a bit to get it to a 0 or a 5. For many years I was pretty good at it! Today, though, I ran up an extra dollars worth of gas just to get to a 5!!! It looks like this little quirk will have to be laid to rest...
Wednesday, June 11, 2008
Wednesday, June 04, 2008
For only $40/year you can keep a database of all your friends and family who are lost, and then when you are raptured, it will send them a letter/e-mail informing them of the Gospel...
Bad Theology run amuck... Funny, yet sad at the same time.