Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Erica's Baptism


Go therefore and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I have commanded you. And behold, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
(Matthew 28:19-20 ESV)

This past Sunday I had the joy of baptizing one of our college students here in Brenham. I met Erica last year when I was leading a college Bible study in one of our students apartments. She was sweet and seemed to be interested in spiritual things. The more Stephanie and I got to know her, the more we fell in love with this little sister in Christ.

Erica came to live in our garage apartment this school year and has been such a blessing to have around. Steph, Braelyn, and I have shared wonderful times with her and have been able to watch first-hand as the Lord continues to mature her. Steph and Erica have been in a discipleship relationship that has been beneficial I'm sure for both of them.

We love you, Erica and are SO proud of you!

1 comment:

Erica Dirba said...

Aww thanks Casey! You and your family have been such an amazing blessing to me. Living on your land and doing life with yall really has been, as Steph says, "the best thing ever!" I'm really sad about leaving next week. I love yall so much, thanks again for absolutely everything!