Wednesday, February 09, 2011

No me gusta la gripe... (FLU)...

I woke up in the middle of the night with chills.  Thinking that it was just because another cold front was heading in, I didn't put much concern into it.  However, when I woke up in the morning, I felt sick.  I took my temperature and it came back at 101˚!

Immediately flashbacks started flooding into my head of all the people coughing in the airplane this weekend.  I remember one lady was covering her mouth in such a way that it seemed like she was trying to project her cough for the world to share.  I'm sure it's just my imagination... Right?

I went to one of those clinics in the grocery store, had them stick this thing up my nose, and almost immediately they let me know I had the flu.  Bummer.  They told me that I was lucky that I had caught it early and that with some meds I should be feeling better in a few days.  This is good news since Christ Community Church of Magnolia has our second preview service this upcoming Sunday!

I'm seriously considering wearing a SARs mask (like the one above, gotta be stylish, no?) and carrying cans of Lysol with me.  Or, maybe I should just plan on getting a flu shot.  Either way, no me gusta la gripe...

No comments: