Thursday, August 21, 2008

I've Been Tagged

I'm taking a brief break from Vlogging™ as my dear wife has tagged me in one of those blog-tagging games... Since she was the one who tagged me, I will participate:

The tagging rules:
1. Post the rules on your blog
2. Write 6 random things about yourself
3. Tag 6 people at the end of your post
4. If you're tagged, DO IT and pass on the tag

1. I'm a closet computer nerd. When I was in Middle School I used to be a part of two different international 'clubs' that helped 'transport' certain software from one place to another via 2400 BPS and then 14.4kbs using 'free' long distance services... Needless to say my curiosity and greed had the best of me for a while.

2. In the 8th grade I was the Vice President of the Student Council at Holub Middle School. I gave a speech at the end of my 7th grade year to several hundred students (my first large crowd for public speaking) and won the election by a landslide.

3. I was extremely shy as a child and one time I had an opportunity to kiss a Dallas Cowboy's cheerleader (when I was 4) at the Killeen Mall (Killeen, TX) on camera (local TV news) and instead I hid behind my mother. I was scared of the cameras, honest!!!

4. I am missing a permanent tooth on the top right of my mouth (incisor, I think), so when I had braces they moved all my teeth forward and bonded the front ones to make them pretty.

5. I've struggled with anxiety most of my life and still do not like to be in large crowds. It's weird, I can preach to thousands on a stage (still nervous), but I hate being in crowds. Perhaps that's why I have never fully enjoyed a concert.

6. I was the 'Cowardly Lion' in the Wizard of Oz my senior year of High School. I graduated as an honor Thespian, but most of you all know that part. AND when I was 14-15 years old I wanted to be a dancer for a gangster rap concert/music video.

Well, that's my six. Leave a comment and let me know your thoughts... Or make fun of me, or whatever.

I tag:
1. Blake Q. - I can't wait...
2. Justin H. - Giving some good-sportsman-like love...
3. Dr. Brandi H. - Another thing to distract you from studying...
4. James L. - For foiling my Vlog™ discovery...
5. Wayne B. - Because I know you are interesting...
6. Robin B. - Jealous of your 75 degree weather year round...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHAHAHAHA I remember everything BUT the wanting to dance for a gangsta rap video. That is freakin hilarious!! I don't do crowds either.. I get highly irritated and want to get physical (in my mind, I don't really punch people out, although I guess that is still an issue!). It is not pretty. Maybe it is genetic, kinda like our cars always being clean HA!

Alicia

Steph said...

I don't think I knew about the gangsta rap video either! See...I did learn something new...even after 12 years!!!